If you’re looking for a remote internship – an internship that you can carry out from anywhere in the world, and work at times that fit around your daily schedule, you’ve landed in the right place!
And if you want to get started in music journalism, want to learn how to get started as a music journalist, you’re in the right place!
If you want to work full time or part time, you’re where you need to be!
If you want to do an internship, but you’re not in a big city; if you want to get started in blogging, music journalism, and learn about the music industry; if you’d like to learn how to blog, how to write, how to run social media campaigns, how Google Ads and how Google Analytics work…especially if you’re looking for a way to get started in the music and/or blogging and /or journalism business, but you can’t afford to live in a city to get the experience you need – you’re in the right place.
indieRepublik is looking for interns. Because of our situation, we can unfortunately only offer unpaid internships. But we welcome with open arms anyone who is eager to learn, ready to work, and can give us anywhere from 1-8 hours a day.
We understand that it’s difficult to:
a. get experience in music journalism without already having some experience…(now that’s what I call a Catch-22…)
b. get skills, certification and references especially when you don’t live in a big city; and especially if you can’t afford to live in a big city without earning good money.
c. gather the experience that people want you to have to offer you paid journalistic work.
We would love your help. We would welcome your help. We value our interns and our volunteers, and we know that our music agency and blog couldn’t exist without you. So we treat you with respect. We’re open to new ideas, so don’t be shy suggesting new approaches that we may not have thought of. The independent music journalist world is tough, and there’s not much money around. That’s why, although we’d love to pay our interns, we can’t.
But we do offer:
- Work experience at the forefront of the business.
- Training in how to run social media campaigns, how to understand Google Analytics, how to run Google Ads.
- We provide constructive criticism and helpful feedback on your work
- We bend over backwards to make sure that you get what you need from your time with us.
- You get a massive team discount from any of the items in our shop.
- Immediate involvement, no bullshit, flat structures.
- The room for you to learn, to grow, and to work how you work best.
- 100% flexible work times – work when it fits you.
- 100% flexible work schedule – as long as we know how many hours you can put in, we can work with that. Only manage one hour a day/week? No problem. Want to do 4-5 hours a day? No problem. Want to work 60 hour weeks and exist only on caffeine and adrenaline? Well, we wouldn’t advise it, but we’re here to help you be your best self….
- Want to intern with us for a month? Great. (less than a month doesn’t work so well, we’ve found) Want to intern with us for longer? No problem.
If you’re interested in an internship that is financially unpaid but is however rewarding, gives you lots of work experience, gives you the references you need to get a better job, and is in the end really a lot of fun, please do get in touch – we can’t wait to hear from you!